(mostly chinchilla poop)

pocket lint
noun
1. minute shreds or ravelings of yarn; bits of thread.
2. this blog site; delightful ramblings on outdated topics... and Chalupa the chinchilla.
Ex: I read pocketlint because it reminds me that I have better things to think about than this.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Charlotte Gainsbourg

Last week I was told I look like Charlotte Gainsbourg, "the chick from Science of Sleep." Flattered, (and since there's already another 'intrepid flower' running around Nashville plastering my name all over her delightfully subtle and heartfelt pop-folk music) I figure I might as well also shamelessly promote Ms. Gainsbourg here to boost my visage that much further in the world.

"And these songs that I sing, do they mean anything to the people like you?"

This song is haunting me. So good. Her upcoming album "IRM" is being produced by Beck and Radiohead.

In movie news, the trailer for Gainsbourg's next film Antichrist by Danish director Lars Von Trier (Dogville, Dancer in the Dark) coming out next month, fucking gave me the shivers.

With Willem Dafoe, the two play "Him" and "Her" who try to overcome Her fears after their son dies (?) by going into the woods where there are angry animals and too many hands coming out of trees and drops of chocolate-evil-rain-balls fall on Willem's head... See for yourself:



Playing at the Nick on Nov. 13. Come see it. Eat some popcorn. Drink some Chai.


No comments:

Post a Comment